Following a number of recent changes to event calendars both locally and nationally, we would like to update you with what’s going on behind the scenes at Bespoke Fitness & Events.
We continue to liaise closely the Welsh Government, Local Authorities, Governing bodies and sector partners. Whilst the vaccine and lockdown has helped reduced infection rates here in Wales, the Welsh Government feels it is not in a position to set a specific timeline as to when we will be able to host our first event of 2021. However, there are encouraging signs that test events will take place if the trend in reduced infection rates and other parameters continue to fall and this will allow the wider event community to start to reopen. Rest assured Bespoke Fitness is at the forefront of all discussions and through our behind the scenes planning and by adopting safe working practices we are poised to deliver events when national and local conditions allow.
Our priority remains to deliver safe events, that not only protect our staff and competitors but also the communities in which our events take place. We are committed to making the right decisions and timely announcements and will keep you updated.
As a reminder, see below for how we will be looking to deliver Covid safe events.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our loyal Bespoke Fitness community for the tremendous support we have received throughout the past year. We can’t wait to see you all back on the start line again soon.
In order to deliver a COVID Secure event, we will be following all of the relevant guidance from our National Governing Bodies as well as the Welsh Assembly Government
This may lead to changes close to the event depending on the guidance at the time, so what is on each event page currently may not reflect what you see on the day. We will make announcements as and when necessary so keep an eye on our website, social media, and your emails.We're working hard to deliver our usual amazing Bespoke Fitness Event experience.
The safety of our athletes, volunteers and staff is paramount so we will be taking some steps to help ensure this:
SOCIALLY DISTANCED START & FINISH
- Start & finish procedures might be different from what you’re used to, please read your pre-event information carefully.
- All points of contact with staff will be socially distanced where possible.
- Where this is not possible our staff will be wearing the appropriate PPE.
- We ask that once you have finished an event you to clear the finish line quickly and move through to help ensure the safety of finishers behind you.
- Where Event mementos are provided these will either be collected at a specific self-service point beyond the finish line or posted out after the event.
WIDELY AVAILABLE HAND SANITISER
- Sanitising stations will be available throughout the event.
- Our increased cleaning regimen to ensure any touchpoints are cleaned regularly.
- All our staff and volunteers will be wearing PPE appropriate to their task. Please respect them and give them space to do their job.
SIGNAGE AND EDUCATION
- Throughout our events, you will see more signage to remind you about the importance of social distancing and hygiene.
- The race briefing will be a video briefing that will be made available before the event. Any changes on the day will be announced on the tannoy so keep an ear out for those.
- Everyone will be required to fill out a race day health questionnaire prior to the event – if we do not receive a copy back you will not be allowed to race. This will be in line with GDPR but will be available to NHS test and trace if needed.
- Spectators may not be encouraged.
- If they are not you will be advised of the number of spectators you will be allowed to bring in your pre-race information.
- We may not be encouraging spectators to congregate at the Start/Finish, if so, they should spread themselves out along the course where appropriate.
REDUCED TIME ON SITE
- We may be giving participants times to arrive on-site and specific start times.
- We may need to encourage participants to leave the event site as soon as is reasonable after they have finished.
- We may not be able to have an event village. Information on this will be available closer to the event.
FEWER CONTACT POINTS
- We will be limiting touchpoints as much as necessary.
- Some events may not have any registration at all.
- Where there is registration, strict social distancing measures will apply.
- Finish line recovery stations and feed stations where provided may be self-service only.
- Many events may not have a prize-giving ceremony – If so, prizes will be sent out after the event.
- Where there is a prize giving ceremony Social Distancing will be strictly adhered to.
- You can find your results online after the event.
REDUCED FEED STATIONS
- We will be reducing the number of touchpoints throughout our events so we may be minimising the number of drink stations available and limiting what is provided.
- You may be required to carry your own water and nutrition - you will be told whether or not you have to as part of the video event briefing and in the Final Information documentation found online prior to the event.
- Where they are available it may be self-service only.
NATIONAL GOVERNING BODY GUIDANCE:
Run Britain Road Race Guidance and Code of Conduct